Aerospace Education Weekend
Registration is now closed.
Come spend a weekend at the Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh with fellow CAP members from around the state. You will build things, design projects, test theories, and spend the weekend engaging in the fun and learning of physics, aerospace, and more! Cadets may also receive an orientation flight and just have a chance to make new friends from other CAP squadrons across Wisconsin.
This year there will be three training tracks that students can participate in. Note that there are pre-requisites for the Rocketry and Drone tracks and there is limited enrollment. When enrollment caps are reached, this website will be updated. Registrations for Rocketry or Drone tracks that do not meet pre-requisites or are submitted after the enrollment cap is reached will automatically be converted to Aerospace Exploration registrations.
- Aerospace Exploration (General Education) Track: Students in this track will focus on exploring aerospace and physics principles through hands-on activities that construct experiments and projects.
- Model Rocketry Track: The Model Rocketry Track is FULL for 2023
- Drone/Remote Control Track: The Drone Track is FULL for 2023
When: 18-20 August 2023. Arrive Friday evening and depart Sunday afternoon
Where: CAP National Training Center, Wittman Regional Airport, Oshkosh
How much: $60.00
Who: Any CAP member! This activity is open to seniors and cadets, and is a great activity even for new cadets (even cadets who are so new they don't have a uniform yet!).
- ABUs (new cadets who have not been issued a uniform yet should wear a tan t-shirt and jeans)
- Sleeping bag
- Toiletries (there are showers available on-site in the barracks)
- A change of civilian clothes
- PT clothes (t-shirt, running shorts/pants, running shoes)
- Towel & Washcloth (for showers)
- Facemask (masking is optional but all members should have one in the event of a mid-event change in requirements)
- Light jacket
- Undergarments (remember that ABUs require a tan crew-neck t-shirt)