Cadet Development Weekend (Non-Commissioned Officer School & Airman Training School)
The Cadet Development Weekend provides a high quality opportunity for Phase 1 and 2 cadets to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in their CAP Cadet careers. The Weekend is comprised of two schools: the Non-Commissioned Officer School and the Airman Training School.
Dates: 11-13 November 2022
Location: Volk Field ANGB
Cost: $50 for cadets, $20 for seniors
Register at: https://wiwg.campmanagement.com/events
Airman Training School
This school is for Phase 1 cadets (Cadet Airman Basic through Cadet Senior Airman). It provides training in the fundamentals in cadet life including uniform wear, drill, customs and courtesies, how to progress, and information about the opportunities in the Cadet Program - including how to earn flight scholarships and coveted WINGS grants. This training will take what you've learned at your home squadron and elevate it to the next level. Each ATS flight will be led by experienced Phase 2 and 3 cadets. This school will be organized similar to encampment though not as regimented as the encampment environment.
Non-Commissioned Officer School
This school is for Phase 2 and early Phase 3 cadets who wish to develop their skills to prepare for service as cadet officers. Students will learn and practice commanding a flight, learning advanced drill, public speaking, academic instruction, and what it takes to be a mid-level leader. This school is Wisconsin Wing's primary development tool for helping cadets prepare to be successful Cadet Non-Commissioned Officers.
Cadet Staff Positions Available:
- NCOS Cadet Commander: Directs the activities of the NCOS Cadet Cadre, executes the training schedule, and ensure quality instruction and attainment of the learning objectives. Minimum grade Cadet Second Lieutenant.
- NCOS Seminar Leader: Provides direction and management of NCOS students assigned to a seminar group. Minimum grade Cadet Second Lieutenant.
- NCOS Drill Technician: Provides instruction and assistance to NCOS students during drill labs. Minimum grade Cadet Master Sergeant.
- ATS Cadet Commander: Directs the activities of the ATS Cadet Cadre, executes the training schedule, and ensure attainment of the learning objectives. Minimum grade Cadet Second Lieutenant.
- ATS Flight Commander: Provides supervision of ATS flight members and leads them towards attaining the leadership objectives. Minimum grade Cadet Chief Master Sergeant
- ATS Flight Sergeant: Assists the ATS Flight Commander. Minimum grade Cadet Staff Sergeant.
- Cadet Public Affairs: Takes photos and develops social media stories for both schools.
- ATS First Sergeant: Serves as the Commander's representative and assists ATS staff. Minimum grade Cadet Technical Sergeant.
- Duty Staff: Provides support serves as directed.
Senior Staff Positions Available:
- NCOS Seminar Advisor: Provides guidance and assistance to NCOS students in areas of public speaking, writing, and leadership. Serves in an advisory/mentoring capacity.
- Senior Support Staff: Assistant the Activity Director with operations.
- ATS Training Officer: Provides supervision of ATS flights and mentors flight staff.
- NCOS Director: Executes the NCOS curriculum and ensures the training objectives are met.
- ATS Director: Executes the ATS curriculum and ensures the training objectives are met.